Thursday, December 22, 2005

Fun with mammography

Oxymoron, right? Let's face it, standing pressed up to a cold chunk of metal and having your breast maneuvered and then squashed by a total stranger is not high on my list of things I like to do. Today, however, I had a technician who kept telling me that she just "had to smooth a wrinkle" near my armpit while adjusting my body for the x-ray. After two or three "wrinkle adjustments" I suggested to the gal that perhaps she might re-think her terminology and suggested "smoothing a bit of skin" over "wrinkle" as I informed her that while I had to live with my facial wrinkles the idea of armpit wrinkles was just too depressing. We got the giggles when she once again said "wrinkles" while doing the second set of x-rays and then immediately corrected herself and my husband later told me he could hear us carrying on from out in the waiting room. Hey, I was more relaxed during the procedure and the technician now has a nicer way of referring to us older women's sagging skin. Wrinkles, indeed! Now, about those batwings between my elbow and armpit....

2 comments:

Soulknitting said...

I HATE the sqeezey machines too. UGH. Happy, Happy BIRTHDAY to you!!!! How fun to go to the Air Museum!! I loved the Smithsonians' Air Museum years ago when I got to go thru. And, having Nellis at home, I sometimes get to see the jets go overhead!!! You took lots of good pics!! Thanks for sharing. Did you get cake on your birthday?

RVVagabond said...

Squeezy machine this week, the dreaded look up the other end in a couple of weeks; trying to do the healthy thing while we're home.

We are looking forward to doing the Smithsonian (or as many parts of it as we can) this summer and then will hit more of the Dayton museum when we come back to Ohio in late summer.

No BD cake; since meeting Denny I get birthday pies as he makes the world's lightest, flakiest crusts so I request cherry-rhubarb pie for my birthday. Yum! Highly recommended!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...