Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chugging along

This morning we'll start to paint the ceiling in my mom's bedroom. I think Denny wants to paint the walls in one fell swoop (does anyone actually know what that means?) so we'll do that tomorrow as tonight we're invited to my in-laws' house for dinner. Since that means leaving here early to avoid most of Cincinnati's horrible work traffic, we won't get too involved in painting today.

My niece Elaine stopped by yesterday to pick up the extra pumpkin pie Mom had made in a burst of energy (you thought I was an only child, right?) She has enrolled in beauty college to obtain her cosmetology license and seemes to be getting her life back on track after a pretty rough period. There's lots of sturm and drang in our family dynamics as we are one of those "dysfunctional families". I can hear Darb saying now, "oh boy, Mom, are you the queen of understatement!" Enough of that subject.

I think it's about time for a break from the house. It's supposed to snow tomorrow night and Friday night so perhaps we'll drag my mom out to see the lights at Clifton Mill. And I'll attempt nighttime pictures although I haven't quite figured out how to get great pictures in the dark yet. Geez, I've only owned the current camera for two years now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...