Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Long Day

Our decision to return to Georgia on New Year's Day was a good one. We left at 4:50 AM, finding ourselves practically alone on the highway until we reached Cincinnati. Denny and I split the driving in 2 and a half hour shifts, listening to a Tony Hillerman audio CD to provide distraction on the long drive. We made the trip in almost ten hours exactly and quickly unloaded the rental car and then collapsed.

The fifth wheel is a disaster area at the moment since we just dropped stuff and I started putting things away a bit at a time until exhaustion hit. We laid down for a short nap at 3:30 and I didn't get up again until 4 AM this morning. Have I mentioned how much I hate having a cold? I think I was trying to sleep it away. No such luck.

Patches is happy to be home and wanted a walk right away to reacquaint herself with her territory. Despite gloom and doom predictions of heavy rain all day, we seemed to be behind the showers and the sun was shining when we arrived at the campground so it was nice to walk around wearing just a light sweater.

Today we'll return the rental car, replenish the refrigerator, put away our Christmas bounty and install our new toys. We'll leave here on Thursday for Montgomery, AL and then a week's stay at Abita Springs, LA which is an area that is new to us. I'm ready for new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit to liking this time of year, when the holidays are behind us and we can get our lives back to a semblance of normalacy. I hope you are able to kick that cold quickly. I know how draining they can be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...