Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Less Grinch-y, More Christmas-y



Well, now that I'm finally starting to get into the Christmas shopping and gift wrapping and tree decorating, the weather has warmed up and the snow has melted. Dang! Fortunately, I'm almost finished with the shopping and wrapping part, the tree has been up since Sunday and the cat hasn't knocked it down yet, despite the fact I was brave/stupid and used Mom's antique ornaments. I even went for some garland this year and so far the only ornament Patches has tried to play with has been the little motorhome ornament I bought as a gag gift for my parents that I put on the tree. Yes, I know, it doesn't match the antique motif, but it says that the RV Vagabonds are in town.

The cookie baking marathon starts tomorrow after I go out and buy one last present (yes Darb, it's for you). At this rate, I foresee the possibility of a day or two spent doing nothing before Christmas arrives...bonus!!! THAT'S the time for the snow--when I can snuggle up on the couch with a husband on one side, a warm, fuzzy cat on the other and a cup of hot chocolate in one hand with a Russian tea cake/Mexican wedding cookie/pecan ball in the other. I'm a simple person with simple needs. Food, warmth and affection--does it get any better than that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo. I see Patches likes her comforts too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...