Saturday, November 12, 2005

Darn, I just lost some of my inheritence!

Typical woman that I am, I love spending money, whether it's my own or that of others. While dropping off Mom's antique regulator clock to be repaired (fell off the wall, long story) we stopped to visit a family friend who also happens to be a used-car salesman. As we were chatting, I noticed a shiny, midnight blue Chrysler Town & Country minivan on the lot and I asked J.D. about it. Well! It was one of those new Stow and Go minivans with the seats that fold down into the floor wells making a flat storage area in the back, which is exactly what Mom was starting to consider as she is no longer physically able to lug the bench seats out of her current minivan when she needs to load her tables for her estate sales. Hmm, car dealer friend who has a minivan that Mom wants; I think this is do-able. Drove home, picked her up, showed her the minivan and bingo, she was signing papers as she loved the van after she took a turn at putting the seats down and back up all by herself.

Afterwards Denny and I told her we weren't coming home anymore as we always cost her money and we haven't even started in on the paintin' and fixin' yet. The poor woman will have to go back to work at this rate! The day is going to come that she'll dread seeing us walk through the door wondering how much it's going to cost her this time, heh.

2 comments:

Norman said...

I really really want a Chrysler T&C. Especially with the Stow-n-Go.

I'm so jealous right now.

For the record... 10 years ago if I had been told I'd be jealous of someone driving a minivan I would have had a brick from laughing so hard.

Norman!

RVVagabond said...

Norman, while I'm a convertible person myself (although currently driving a Ford F450 ton and a half pick up truck) I must admit that the T&C is great. Drives nice, the seats really do fold up easily (the whole point was that Mom had to be able to do this herself), has nice options and the color is beautiful in the sun. My husband felt the same way when we bought our first conversion van and then hated to let it go once the kids were gone, but how else was I going to get that convertible? Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...