Saturday, November 19, 2005

Method to my madness

While putting a coat of Kilz on the walls of the kitchen today I realized I had created the perfect excuse for not fixing a big Thanksgiving dinner; the kitchen has been stripped to the bare walls and all the "stuff" that sits on the counters is piled on the dining room floor now. Cool! Sunday is our "day off" from chores and duties so no painting will get done, although Denny and I will finish the job by mid-week.

Tuesday is Mom's treadmill test and "echo" heart test day. She'll have to be off the blood pressure meds for two days prior, which isn't a hardship since she's having a hard time remembering to take them, even after I remind her. I'm thinking denial here. She's also been ignoring a probable cancerous skin growth that has reoccurred, so I made an appointment with a dermotologist for that too. I think Mom's going to be glad to see us leave this time around as I'm forcing her to take care of herself!

Last night Denny and I met with some of our former co-workers for dinner at a Red Lobster. It was nice catching up with what is going on at the PD and of course there are always old stories that have to be re-told. We discovered as full-time RVers that you rarely talk about what you did in your working life as folks are more concerned with the best sights to see or places to visit or local restaurants to try. And that normally suits us just fine, but it was fun talking over old times.

Ohio State beat Michigan-heehee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...