Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Darn, it gets cold in Ohio

Yesterday by mid-afternoon I was in short sleeves after the sun finally came out. Today the wind chill factor was 19 degrees by the same time. Thank goodness I decided to run home at lunch time so Mom and I could change to heavy winter coats and gloves as I was being the "watcher" in the open garage while the rest of the crew was working inside the house. Hmm, how did that happen? Mom would pop out to smoke but then I'd chase her back into the house. My uncle was assisting outside and I insisted he go inside after I realized he was shaking with the cold. It was just too darn late in the season to be doing an estate sale.

But it's over so now we can move on with fix-ups, visiting friends and family and starting Christmas shopping. And somehow Denny and I have to figure out where we can start walking for exercise as we've been eating fast foods that we normally don't eat so it won't take long before we start to regain the weight we've worked very hard to lose. It's going to be too cold to walk our 2.8 mile outdoor loop as we definitely have developed that warm climate "thin blood" everyone talks about.

Took Mom for her appointment with a cardiologist,where they did an EKG with normal results. We have to arrange chest X-rays and blood work ourselves, then go back to the cardiologist for a stress test. So it will still be a while before we learn what is causing the sudden spike in her blood pressure, but she's doing fine in the meantime. So that's a relief.

CompUSA says we should have our laptop back in a few days, so then I'll have to see if I can temporarily install our wireless router using Mom's DSL modem. This might be fun-not! How sad is it that I haul a wireless router from Phoenix to Dayton so I can get online whenever I want? Actually, I half expected airport security to question it when it passed through x-ray, but they were more concerned about an AC adaptor to my rechargeable battery pack-something about it showing up solid and black and training a new security employee. Whatever.

Enough blathering tonight; "Lost" is about to begin. Warm, happy trails to all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...