Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

No, we didn't get snow here, but Denny and I dragged the tree out of the garage and into the house as Mom wanted to start going through her collection of antique ornaments to sell some on eBay. I figured if we were going to sort ornaments I might as well put some on the tree. Well, Mom decided to let us kids fight over the ornaments after she's gone so I finished decorating the treen so we could put the boxes away again. It's a slow process as you have to unwrap the ornament, put a hanger on it and then place it on the tree. And of course, the leaded icicles have to go on one at a time--it's a tedious process but the tree looks great when it's finally finished. This year I put on santas, clip on birds, musical instruments, vases, blown glass candle holders,coffee pots--anything but round balls.

The garage has been emptied, the shed is now full and the cardboard boxes have been slit and tied so we can get the car into the garage after garbage pick up. That's a good thing as it's supposed to get cold and snowy later this week.

Tomorrow I'm taking Mom for her chest X-rays and blood work and then we have a break of a week before the next appointment, so I think Denny and I will start working on getting her bedroom ready to paint. We are getting a lot more finished than I thought we would by this time. Now if I could only get Mom to remember to take her pills....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...