Friday, November 25, 2005

Do you shop on Black Friday?

For the first time in decades I ventured out on Black Friday since I was up at 5 a.m. anyway. I hit two stores and was home by 6:45 and managed to find a few of the items that I went out to buy. Later, the local news showed shoppers at the local malls circling the parking lots for an hour at a time trying to find a parking spot. Now that's insanity.

Mom says our next project is clearing out the second garage so Denny and I can use it for our rental car now that the weather is starting to turn cold and snowy. I think I'd rather park outside than tackle the mess in there, but in for a penny, in for a pound so we're going to start on that tomorrow. Then the Christmas tree goes up and then we start painting her bedroom. And of course there will be a chore list for Denny at his dad's house the next time we go down there. We look at it this way, the more we finish while we're home now, the longer we can travel next summer before coming back home to finish any remaining jobs on our lists.

Today I finished wrapping all the Christmas gifts I've purchased so far and I have to say I've never been this far ahead of schedule for Christmas since we've been on the road. I'm going to have to pace myself here!

If it warms up enough next week I think Mom's healthy enough to try a little geocaching. She'll enjoy it if she can stay warm while she's outside. A SD card reader is on my shopping list so I can post pictures of that experience while we're here since I didn't think to bring the cable for my camera (why is nothing electronic ever compatible?)

Our oldest son says they are having inches and inches of snow in New York. Sigh. I think the whole fam-damily should move west and make it easy on us! If wishes were horses...

2 comments:

Soulknitting said...

Glad you had a nice T-Day!!! Sounds like you really deserve it with all the work you've been doing for your Mom!! How kind of you and Denny.

I was blessed with a great day as well!! And am staying home for the weekend working on clutter!! Next weekend the boat!

Kim

RVVagabond said...

Hey Kim, we work for food-heh.

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...