Monday, November 14, 2005

No pix available

It seems I was a bit presumptious about posting pictures from Arizona today as Mom's computer won't read my CD of digital pictures. So I'll have to wait until the laptop comes back from CompUSA to see if it will work on that one. Too many different CD writing software programs competing with each other it seems.

This morning was spent washing widgets. I wanted to get a bit of a start on washing down the kitchen before we painted, which meant washing Mom's miniature primitives collection; tiny apothocary jars, pill boxes, kitchen implements, vases, match holders and pictures and then the larger objects on up to a pottery butter churn. A longish break to accompany Denny to see the chiropractor (who says we'll probably be financing his new houseboat since it has been so long since Denny has had an adjustment), and then it was back to cleaning. Kitchen grease mixed with a heavy smoking habit makes for a grimy job.

Mom's BP is responding to the medication quite well and she ate a huge plate of my beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. At this rate I might get her weight up to 100 pounds if she doesn't stress it off during the estate sale. The downside is I have to struggle against stuffing my face when fixing old family favorite meals while we're home trying to fatten her up. Sigh.

I'll be helping with the estate sale for the next two days, which will be a change of pace before we move into high gear on the clean-up/fix-up. In the meantime, my buddy Judy will be sending me e-mails telling me how warm it is in Parker, AZ and how nice the pool feels. Have I mentioned it's supposed to snow here Wednesday? There goes the tan. Happy, Judy?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

There will be other warm winters.

Hope your mom is doing well.

RVVagabond said...

Mom is a little stressed by the ongoing sale, but the blood pressure meds are working and there have been no nosebleeds in a week. Tomorrow we go to the cardiologist for some tests and possibly some answers soon.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Nancy, it's appreciated. I'm grateful that I still have a mother to worry about, ya know?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...