Friday, February 10, 2006

No Gamboling Today

We received a late night call last night telling us that Denny's favorite uncle, Leo, had died of lung cancer. Uncle Leo quit smoking 22 years ago, but was diagnosed with lung cancer late this past summer and it progressed quickly in spite of chemotherapy. Today we were notified that the viewing was this weekend with the funeral pending on Monday so I had to scramble to find a flight back to Ohio and do all the cancelling/arranging/rescheduling that needed to be done quickly to accomplish this unexpected return home.

So you may not see me online for a few days. This is scary for Denny and I as we are both ex-smokers ourselves. We already lost Denny's brother Doug to lung cancer (he too, was a recent ex-smoker) so this does not bode well for us. I not only regret smoking but I regret exposing our children to my second-hand smoke.

Death surely makes you think about your life, doesn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...