Thursday, February 23, 2006

Of All the Reasons Ohio is Famous, We Have This

Ohio is known as the birthplace of seven presidents. I grew up in the Dayton, Ohio area, famous for having prolific inventors such as Orville and Wilbur Wright, John Patterson (the cash register), and Charles Kettering (the electric self-starter for autobiles). We're also proud of Neil Armstrong and Judith Resnik (astronauts), Annie Oakley and Roy Rogers and so many more famous folks.

But today while perusing the Dayton Daily News online I discovered this. Now this is not a new phenomenon for the area and we are not content to leave our geese in their natural form. Oh no; we must not only dress them but change their costumes with the changing seasons and holidays.

The folks in Germantown, Ohio redeemed themselves somewhat by placing concrete lions on their porches which were created by one of their own. I've forgotten the story behind them, so I'll have to do some research and get back to you on that.

And by the way. No, I never had a concrete goose at any of my homes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...