Tuesday, February 28, 2006

One thousand two hundred and thirty-eight gray hairs

For four hours last night and for most of this gray,lightly raining day I have been sitting in front of this Machiavellian piece of equipment attempting to create a web page of advertising. I was sent a CD of graphics, button and logos to create the page with absolutely no instruction on how to put them all together and create a cohesive web site. Well! That was a challenge I couldn't refuse! Having absolutely no training in HTML, web design, etc. (after all, they didn't HAVE computers in the dark ages when I went to school) I was bound and determined to figure it out. The company (notice I'm not going to name them, but the link is on the right hand column, heh) mentioned that a web hosting service was available if you needed one, but that was the full amount of their assistance.



I am now seriously in need of Ms.Clairol, but I am proud to say that I DID it! And I only cussed a blue streak 4 or 5 times managed to keep my calm throughout the entire frustrating process.



So I can now officially create a web site from a few HTML files and some graphics. Just don't ask me how I did it because I don't have a clue.



I think tomorrow will be a geocaching day; I have got to get away from this computer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...