Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lazy Super Bowl Sunday

There's been a lot of hoopla the last few weeks over Super Bowl Sunday. I have to admit, I'm one of those who only watches the game to see the new commercials that are made especially for this one game. As a matter of fact, when the Darb IM'd me one day a couple of weeks ago mentioning the fact that there were signs, banners and pictures of the Colts plastered all over Indianapolis I turned to my long-suffering husband and asked him if the Colts were playing in the Super Bowl or something. This, of course, I did not admit to my son but simply replied as if I was totally aware of what was going on. Yeah, right. The last real interest I had in a professional sports team was during the heyday of the Big Red Machine, when parking cost a dollar and you could get seats to a double-header in the nosebleed section for $5. I did love me some Cincinnati Reds back then.

Obviously you are not going to find pictures of big sporting events in my photo albums so we'll stick with the standard scenic stuff, but I will include a Clydesdale simply because they are awesome beasts. While I'm not fond of beer, I do love the Bud commercials--how could you not?


If you visit Grant's Farm in St. Louis, which was donated to the city by the Anheuser-Busch family, you'll have the opportunity to see several Clydesdale horses as well as a variety of other beasts.


You never know what you may find when walking around a campground. In past years several peacocks roosted in a tree next to the campground but I've not seen them so far this year, just this lone male looking for a handout.

Many of our member campgrounds are quite scenic. This one is in Louisiana--our rig is the first one on the right. Our current campground is known within the member park system as the parking lot in the desert. It's built on gravel and concrete, as are most desert campgrounds, which saves water on landscaping and maintenance but doesn't make for a pretty picture.

The forecast in Florida is for rain, so here's some sunshine.

The beautifully green Gunnison River in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Colorado. Denny and I loved this park.

The San Juan Mountains and the golden aspens of Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Superbowl was made a little more exciting and received a little more news time here in Manitoba, as one of our own, Israel Idonije, was playing defensive tackle for the Bears. I was working yesterday, so missed the game but the day was a big one for many here in Canada.

Enjoyed your photos as always. It is so unbelievably cold here right now. Your photos take me away to a much nicer place. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...