Monday, July 05, 2010

Natural Fireworks

Sunset comes late here in this part of the world--this was taken about 9:20PM.  It had been raining hard and suddenly the sun popped out so I figured I'd better try one last time to get some pictures of a sunset since every evening this week it clouded up and rained near the time the sun was due to set.

Between the facts that I was walking Patches and the mosquitoes were biting the palms of my hands as I was trying to take photographs, I was pleased that any of them turned out at all.  The mosquitoes really were bad here; it must have something to do with the herd of cattle and retention ponds nearby.

Hoards of mosquitoes meant the only ones out where those of us walking our pets--most folks stayed inside and missed the sunset.

They missed some pretty skies.
Time for a late night snack.  It was not my intent to share.

We're moving on today; we're heading to Hungry Horse, Montana which will be a longish day for us at 300 miles of red line roads.  But it should be scenic!

1 comment:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Gorgeous sunset. I love the sharin' photo with the kitty. Vert word...zeveyna
I'm luffin' the photoz since zeveyna did not to show up. Of course you haf to say with Russian accent...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...