Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Countdown Has Begun

Denny is making a mental list of things to do before we leave. He figures he has four more trips (100 miles round trip) to Cinci before he's finished painting at his dad's house. Five more walls comprising the living room and dining room to wash, prime and paint (plus prime and paint the ceiling) at my mom's house. Qualify at the range at the police department to get his certification to carry his service weapon as a retired police officer(he decided he wants to be prepared if he meets a rattler while we're geocaching out west this coming winter). Haul tons and tons of our "stuff" that we brought from the rig to my mother's house back to the rig and figure out where we're going to put the new stuff we've bought and things we bought for the son in NY that he wanted from the garage sale (a bench vise, tools, Disney movies for the kids). Disassemble the roll top desk and haul it to Delaware (Ohio) for the younger son and get it up to their loft (whew, I get to opt out of that thanks to the bum knee).

The list will grow and Denny will grow anxious as his days run out and he is pressured to get all the work done before it is time to leave. At least now I can help more; I may gimp around a bit but I can get down on the floor to do baseboards and trim work (and no, Judy, I never found the mechanics creeper to get a picture of me in the brace doing trim). Yesterday at P.T. I was able to make a complete circuit on the exercise bicycle with the off-set pedals-a full 360 degrees! When we arrived back home Denny raised the set of my little exercise bike and after a few minutes and after adjusting my heel way up on the pedal I was able to make a full circle on that bicycle too. My knee stiffens up and swells afterward, but I was pretty proud of myself. But at least it means more flexibility which in turn means I can be of more assistance in all these plans and chores and things to do.

Because we are in the "yay, we're going to be back-on-the-road mode" and we're not stopping until we're out of here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very exciting that you will soon be on the road once more. Hang in there with the P.T.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...