Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm making progress

We've been painting--well, Denny has done the brunt of the work, I've done the woodwork, door and window frames. I'm able to do that now that the brace is gone. Yep, that puppy is history as of Monday. Dr. M says that it's okay for us to take a few weeks off before he sees me again and I can start water exercises when I get to the next campground. No golf for a while yet, but I guess I can deal with that. He also told me he wished I could talk to some of his twenty-year-old patients who weren't doing as well with their recuperation as I have. I told him I had incentive; I wanted to get the he-- out of Dodge. He almost smiled, heh. I've posted the pictures of the different stages of my ambulatory progress.

The SHP laptop is acting really hinky so we caved in and bought another Gateway laptop, opting for the extended warranty as I no longer trust any computer manufacturer to build a quality product. Lots of DRAM, hard drive capacity, 6 pounds lighter than the SHP (which weighs a whopping 12+ pounds) etc. and of course hours of work to get it up to snuff with the old one. In between painting and physical therapy three times a day. I should have gotten one while I was stuck on the couch three weeks ago and going crazy for something to do.

Mom has eyeballed my Konica-Minolta DiMageZ2 camera after taking a couple of pictures for me. She wants me to sell it to her as she likes the feel of it. Hmm, the chance to buy another toy-hard to resist that one as I've been wanting a camera with a faster shutter speed recovery. I'm sure there's a more appropriate term for that, but I'm not that big a camera buff and the term eludes me. So some research is required to find that right combination of optical zoom, enough mega pixels, shutter speed and reasonable price. I don't ask for much. Heh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...