Friday, November 16, 2007

Good Intentions, Bad Idea

I'm still fighting with Hughes to get a new modem. I'm dealing with people whose first language is NOT English and we seem to disagree on the meaning of the words process, order, and shipping. First I was told our modem would be delivered by today (after the order was placed Saturday night by their tech support) and today I was told the order is still not processed but it SHOULD be processed by the end of the business day today. But if not, then I should call tomorrow to be told that the modem order was not processed. Or something like that. What I can't seem to get is a definitive answer of WHEN the modem will arrive and of course our time here is coming to an end, with a holiday tossed in there for good measure.

All of which means I'm not reading blogs, not uploading pictures, not doing a lot of stuff online I'd normally be doing. Sometimes, that's not a bad thing though.

One of our first projects here in Myrtle Beach was to repair the toilet. The flush mechanism was leaking, which is a marine-type toilet means that you disassemble the entire toilet to replace the seals and/or the flush ball. I thought this would be a great "do-it-yourself" instructional post on for beginning rvers to put on my RV Vagabonds website about the fulltimers' lifestyle, complete with pictures. Not. a. good. idea. I don't think the world is ready for pictures like that, despite a number of folks who post pictures of the contents of their child's diapers on their blogs. Not only was it a disgusting job, there was of course the obligatory bloody, scraped knuckles and blue language that accompanies a lot of Denny's repair jobs. I can laugh about it now, but it's never any fun when it's happening. But the job was finally finished (sans pictures), the toilet works properly and we've moved on to our next project; ripping 3/4 inch thick 12x12 inch ceramic tiles off the kitchen floor to replace them with Pergo laminated wood flooring. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

I need chocolate. A lot of chocolate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...