Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finding the perfect recreational vehicle

Honestly? There is no such thing.

Every morning, Monday through Friday, three different RV dealers alternate bringing new and used rigs to the parking lot of our campground to show. Of course, the big draw is the free coffee and donuts, but that's beside the point. While walking to the pool Wednesday I noticed a Mountain Aire fifth wheel by NewMar so I told Denny we'd have to head to RV Peddlars to check it out. Full body paint (okay, so only a RVer would understand and appreciate that), Mor-Ryde pin box, dual tires on double axles for better weight support and less canting of tires when backing into a site, lots of interior wood trim around the windows and slideouts; man-o-man! All for only $110,000- a bargain. Heh. Okay, until we win the lottery we'll stick with what we have.

Just for sh*ts and giggles we walked over to the Class A motorhomes. There are times I wish we had a Jeep 4X4 for off-roading/back roads and the only way to do that would be to switch back to a motorhome. So we walked through about ten different models by different manufacturers and my first thought was "no desk for the computer". Okay, "no area for a stacking washer/dryer". Hmm, "no kitchen counter space"-I tend to spread out when I cook. Hmm,hmm, hmm. I guess we have what I want! So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

What do I want/need in a rig? That will be a subject for the RV Vagabonds website. Soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...