Saturday, January 07, 2006

Time Zone changes

One of the downsides of traveling can be time zone changes. Right now I'm awakening at 4 a.m. and getting up at 4:30, which would be 6:30 if we were still in Ohio. Crossing the borders between Arizona and California can be confusing due to the fact that Arizona does not follow daylight savings time, so for several months of the year they are on the same time as Pacific time and the rest of the year they are on Mountain Time. Strangely enough, after eight years on the road, my body still seems to think it's on Eastern time, no matter where we are, so I am often awake before the birds. This allows for peaceful surfing on the Internet and some private time, since Denny and I are together 24/7 otherwise. Not that I'm complaining.

For those who are interested, I've updated our location in the "Where we are right now" link. There should be a way to post a smiley face on the page to my way of thinking.

Denny's up; he too is on Eastern time. Yesterday we were out before sunrise walking the campground to get our routine started again. We both have more weight to lose and walking is our favorite manner of exercise. I can't wait until we get to Yuma as our campground there has instructor-led water aerobics. Yay. It's been way too long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...