Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Good news/bad news

My colonoscopy was scheduled for this morning and as a result I have a clean bill of health and won't need another one for ten years. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Denny's favorite uncle, Leo, was diagnosed with lung cancer this summer (he quit smoking 20 years ago) and the oncologist told the family last week that no more chemo would be given. So we are driving down to Cincinnati to take Denny's sister Connie out to lunch and then visit with Uncle Leo and Aunt Helen and any Braun cousins who may be there also. And since Denny's dad just called to say his doctor just told him today that Dad will be his first 100-year-old patient (Dad is currently 94 and still getting around pretty good), I guess it's a good news/bad news/good news day.

Tonight I go over the "things we need to do to leave" lists and start doing some packing. I'm not anxious, much, huh? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...