Monday, June 04, 2007

Ewww, Yard Work!

Knee doctor in the morning, dentist in the afternoon, followed by lawn mowing, bush trimming, sweet pea stringing, weed pulling--whew! It's going to be a long, hot summer.

Back when we owned a stick-built home on a half-acre of lawn and gardens the yard work was just something we did as a matter of fact. Now that we have been away from that sort of thing for nine years it seems like a lot of hassle to cut grass and then turn around and cut it again the next week and the next, etc. I mean, nice lush lawns look wonderful and I admire them but I am no longer interested in maintaining one. I imagine that three or four months of taking care of Denny's dad's yard and my mom's yard this summer will definitely cure us of any desire for a house with a lawn or of settling down anywhere. It's funny how your priorties can change along with your perception of what "home" is.

If the rain blows over tomorrow we'll play some golf. If it rains, I might drive over into Dayton to help my mom with the latest estate sale she and her partner have contracted to do. Hmm, golf or work, golf or work...that's a tough one. Heh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...