Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Settling In



The estate sale is over, we haven't had enough rain to cause the grass to grow much, so Denny and I have had a couple of days off to relax.

Yesterday I hauled some wood chips from the pile left by the tree cutters here at the campground to place on my tiny flower bed. Right now there are geraniums, petunias and some pachysandra I culled from underneath my mother's spreading juniper bushes. They are rather leggy right now, but I hope they fill out and spread over the next month or so. I'm still looking for moss roses (portulaca) but the prospect of finding some this late in the season seems a bit grim.

Vicki and Don arranged for some old friends to meet at the original Marion's Piazza in Belmont this past Sunday. We're talking people I hadn't seen in 25 years but used to spend a great deal of time with when I was married to my first husband. Funny how people change yet stay the same. Good times. Don and Vicki are into their third week of full time rving now, but I'll have more on that later. Right now they are busy catching up with old friends in the area before heading out for parts unknown.

Tomorrow and Thursday we'll be back at our lawn and gardening chores, although rain is kinda-sorta in the forecast. Basically, the humidity is so high that the sky spits a little to get rid of some of it and that's it. It ain't rain, that's for sure. We're still seven inches below normal rainfalls for the area and that hurts.

I think I'll go torture myself by doing some water aerobics in the ice cold swimming pool here. I truly appreciate the heated pools of the western states now. Having blue lips just isn't a good look for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...