Friday, June 08, 2007

A Quick Catch Up

Darb IM'd last night, asking about my knee. I figured I should mention the results of my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon since I had whined about hurting the knee about six weeks ago.

When Dr. M walked into the examining room he was a bit concerned that I was there because of the knee he had operated upon. I cleared up that misconception and he proceeded to manipulate my right knee and poke and prod it a bit. The diagnosis was a possible bone chipped off the knee cap, no big deal. Dr. M said he could hear "grating" in the knee (shudder) but sloughed it off. The spot on the x-ray was deemed no problem either so the implication was "deal with it". Okay!

Also this week we received our new satellite dish from a company I discovered online that's located in Florida. The new dish is even better than our old one, since the new one is metal instead of fiberglass/resin product that can shatter upon impact. The bad news was that it arrived in multiple pieces and with a bag of a bazillion bolts, washers and nuts and no instruction sheet, but Denny managed to figure it all out and get it together. The dear man even put the dish up in a heavy rain since he had taken the old dish down while the sun was still shining and the whole put-it-together operation had taken longer than he thought it would. Can't have Linda suffering from Internet withdrawal symptoms now, can we?

We're off to pick strawberries before the heat and humidity set in too badly. At 6AM it was 78 degrees already with severe thunderstorm warnings for the day. I guess that means I have to do housework today. Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...