Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lazy Sunday in Ohio, Thinking of Oregon

We're having a couple of days of ideal Ohio summer weather. The air is clean and clear, there is a light breeze blowing and the temperatures are only hitting the low 80s. We're going to spend the afternoon in Delaware (Ohio) with our youngest son, Darb, and his wife, Net, and all their animals. Darb is providing the shish kabobs and Denny is providing the cherry-rhubarb pie. Sounds like summer to me.

The weather this morning is reminding me of our summer days in Oregon two years ago, so that will be the theme for today. Sunny days in Oregon. Denny and I are both looking forward to visiting that lovely state again.


I named this picture Brown Mountain Lake but that's not correct. We were driving the Cascade Lakes Highway the day this picture was taken and it is definitely a scenic route.


I'm not sure if this is Little Lava Lake or Lava Lake. I guess I should have been more careful when renamed my pictures but we were in sensory overload this day from all there was to see.



A nighthawk sleeping on a bench at The Narrows Campground in the area of Burns, Oregon. When I say "in the area", I mean that Burns was the closest town to us and it was 25 miles away. Talk about out in the boonies, but it was beautiful there.


Sunset at The Narrows campground. In the lower left is a yurt that is available for overnight rental.


Hmm, I spoke of sunny days but I couldn't resist the shot of this chipmunk and where the sun-don't-shine.


Vidae Falls is located in Crater Lake National Park near the roadway along Rim Road. Picnicking at Crater Lake and circling the lake itself taking pictures was one of the best sightseeing day trips we've taken.

1 comment:

Soulknitting said...

LOVE the Night Hawk pic. I have never seen one. How amazing to be able to get so close!

The strawberries in your other post are so lucious looking. When will there be pics of the garden?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...