Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Brain is the Size of a Pea



Yesterday afternoon Vicki (my BFF from eighth grade) called to invite us out for Happy Hour or dinner or whatever we wanted to do. Since both Don and Vicki's campground and our campground are so far out in the sticks, we just decided to meet at Don and Vicki's place. Denny and I had yet to see their toy hauler or the Thousand Trails campground where they were staying, so that was the best option. Naturally, I can't just climb into the truck and leave, I have to make a chip dip, after which I decided that, knowing all of us and our penchant to talk, I'd better take brats, hot dogs and buns because we'd be drinking/talking so much that we'd forget to go out and look for a place to eat. Sure enough, there we were at 10PM just starting to eat our brats by the light of a gorgeous full moon on the most pleasant evening of the summer. Don's margaritas were fantastic, the company great and the new fifth wheel was very attractive and comfortable.

Why is my brain the size of a pea? I forgot my camera, so I have no photographic record of the newest full timers on the block at their rig, or their hogs, or of the fifth wheel itself. Or of the full moon that floated in and out of the clouds all evening. Darn, darn and sigh.


Denny and I are so excited for Don and Vicki because they have this marvelous adventure ahead of them as they start their travels. We remember that sense of freedom mixed with trepidation as you hit the road with no real knowledge of what might be around the next corner but being ready to enjoy whatever it is you find. The knowledge that you have all the time in the world to explore any given area is incredibly refreshing and relaxing. The fact that you'll be surrounded by other folks living the same way and who are always more than willing to impart their knowledge learned by trial and error is comforting, for embarking on a full time rving lifestyle is a scary thing.

Don and Vicki will be moving on to new places on Monday. I know we'll see them again, but for now I envy them the anticipation and excitement of their journey.

Happy Trails, my friends, 'til we meet again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...