Monday, June 11, 2007

Ya Try to Do Something Nice...



Yesterday Denny and I took a break from assisting our respective parents and headed up to Delaware to spend the afternoon with Darb and Net. Darb and I made a deal--he would make and grill shish kabobs for us if Denny would bake him a cherry-rhubarb pie. Since none of this involved any work at all on my part, I quickly agreed and it was all arranged.

The weather was absolutely ideal for grilling out and sitting on the patio that Darb hand-laid with paving bricks. Net served some terrific munchies and we quaffed a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages throughout the afternoon. In between the munchies and dinner Darb brought out my belated Mother's Day gift. In May we had been traveling across the U.S. in one night hops so I e-mailed Darb not to attempt to send his normal Mother's Day bouquet because I wasn't sure where we'd be. I oh-so-casually mentioned a CD that I would like to have (because I'm nothing if not subtle) and left it at that. Sure enough, in a three-stack of gifts there was my original Broadway cast recording of Chorus Line (yippee!) along with two more CDs of scanned photographs from the family albums that I gave to Darb for safekeeping when Denny and I hit the road. One was entitled 1985 (very original) and the other was The White Book (I might have gone for the White Album, but that was way before Darb's time) which was a weird little drawer-like photo album I had. Denny and I were tickled to death by the surprise, because we know it's a lot of work to scan those old photographs and Darb just started a new job.

So to thank my oh-so-thoughtful son, I hearby post this picture of him in all his 6 year old glory in his Disney World Sombrero. In case you don't recognize Denny with dark and much longer hair, that's him to the left of Darb, and to the left of Denny is Steve, our oldest son. Aren't they cute?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...